Friday, December 22, 2006

... Five, Six, Seven, Eight!


step-kick-kick-leap-kick-touch
again
step-kick-kick-leap-kick-touch
again
step-kick-kick-leap-kick-touch
again
step-kick-kick-leap-kick-touch
Good, that connects with
turn-turn-out-in-touch-step-pivot-step-walk-walk-walk





"A Chorus Line" was my first Broadway show back in 1983, and I became obsessed with it. After seeing it at the Shubert Theatre in NYC on a chorus trip, I saw touring companies, community theatre productions, and dinner theatre. I knew the music inside and out-- it was almost like a soundtrack to my life in the mid 1980s.

I knew I wanted to see this new revival, but I taken by surprise by the raw emotional response I had to it.

I would have been interested to see them update some of the orchestrations, and bring the setting to modern times, but the safe decision to recreate the original production ensured a solid production.

It took me back to 1983, when I was CONVINCED that my life would be spent in the theatre. It was bittersweet, because, as I have said on this blog already, my biggest regret in my life is that I lost that drive and confidence somewhere along the way.

I could go to the theatre every night, but could I take that constant reminder...?

1 comment:

John Going Gently said...

life takes you on many journeys
never regret what has happened. my life has changed so much over the years!

you seem to have done so many great things

great blog