Friday, April 11, 2008

The REAL Rosie O'Donnell

She is the REAL DEAL!


I took a personal day yesterday to camp out and wait for Rosie's book signing for her new family crafting book, Crafty U. Last October, I was #3 in line for the signing of Celebrity Detox . (Click here and here for related postings). This time I secured the #1 spot among loyal fans, and had a great time talking and taking video with my Flip of all the the other "Stranger Friends."

When Rosie called me over, I gave her a decoupaged box I had made (my FIRST decoupage) and she held it up for us to pose for a photo with her holding my gift. The paparazzi flashes went off like a night on the red carpet, and I had an out-of-body experience as I aimed my Flip at the flashing lights. I was standing there, with Rosie, and the flashes blinding me, and she was so wonderful, and giving of herself-- again. As I walked away, I realized I had FORGOTTEN TO PRESS RECORD ON THE FLIP!!!! UGH!! My paparazzi moment NOT captured for posterity.

But then this evening, as I was finishing up creating the video above, I checked her blog, and saw that she included a pic of us together, with her holding her decoupaged box in the video she made from last night! (The posting is the one titled 1 2 1 on Rosie.com if you want to go there and watch!)

What a GREAT night!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Jonathan,

Thank you so much for including me in your Rosie video. It was so nice meeting you and the other Rosie fans at Borders in Westbury, Long Island.

Lots of hugs, Denise