Friday, October 26, 2007

Everything is Rosie, Since I met my Rosie!

She was so amazing. I was a little emotional because after mom died, Rosie's show was a daily escape that I could could count on. She saw me me approaching with tears in my eyes and she came from behind the table to hug me. We talked a little about Mom-- the rest is a blur.



I just GET her. I understand where she's coming from, and I appreciate her willingness to be out there with her family life and her politics. The media loves the soundbites, and always shows them out of context to make her seem so radical. Of course they won't show how she interacts with her fans, including 85 year old Mary who could barely walk but still came from Riverhead, and the boy in the wheelchair, and the hundreds of others who waited hours to shake her hand.



(That's her brother Eddie in the background.)




The people in line all shared a common love of Rosie, and I had a great time hanging out with them while we waited. The line-up. I was number 3. I had showed up a week early by mistake, but I couldn't convince the others there that that should count and entitle me to #1.




After my encounter. My hand was still shaking a little, so it's kinda blurry.






Several years ago, Rosie autographed this heart for the NMF's HeARTworks Gala auction. She remembered it, and we talked briefly about me working for the Foundation.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a year! You have covered the whole spectrum--Newt to Rosie!

While I do not get Rosie, I am happy for you that you got to meet her since you do.