Thursday, April 24, 2008

VICTORY

I have been trying to figure out a way to add some color to my all-white apartment, and what better way than window treatments. I want to get rid of the ugly pull-down blinds-- tacky!

I have been struggling with trying to get this tension-wire curtain line hung for the past 10 days. I was trying to use this product from IKEA, but it wasn't as easy as it probably should have been. After 3 trips to IKEA, and 3 trips to Ace Hardware, I came up with a plan B and just used simple eye hooks and wire clamps to achieve the same end result.

Now I just need the curtains.


I blame Darla for the frustration because it was her suggustion that I try this approach. However, I also fully credit her because I think she has done wonders with her studio in the City, and hope that my place will look HALF as finished as hers when I am done.

I It sure felt good just to claim victory over this annoying aspect of the project. Now for the fun/creative part.... I plan to make the curtains.

No comments: