Wednesday, November 29, 2006

My Tragic Flaw

Othello: suspicious nature/jealousy
Hamlet: excessive emotionality/indecision
Romeo: rashness/impulsivity
Macbeth: ambition
Julius Caesar: hubris
Jonathan: inability to tolerate stupid people




Sometimes I just can't help it. As often as not, this is my "motto numero uno." Believe me when I say it does NOT mean I have no compassion or empathy-- I DO! I just have a hard time dealing with idiots! I can also freely admit that I am most intimidated when I am in the presence of someone clearly smarter than me, and I feel at my best in the presence of someone smarter than me who thinks I'm smart.

Now, to figure out how to balance my reactions to both the smarter and not-so-smart I deal with on a daily basis-- THAT is my immediate goal.

Breathe....

BREEEEEAAAAAAATH!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was all excited to see you on LJ, but als... you have to go with what works best for you. If you use RSS or another newsreader you can add my LJ to it.. I almost never post in any protected mode. Well, not until I got back and archive old entires, which go private.

;>

adrienne said...

Breathe.... yes, we must breathe. I sooo want to be able to deal with people who aren't where I want them to be. But, you know, it's just so hard. I have been beside myself for almost two weeks. I'm hoping I'm nearing the end of that. I wish it could be better for all of us. I wish you didn't have the idiots who are driving you batty. I wish so, so many things...

love,
adrienne