Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Old Theatre Friend Makes Good

Putzing around on Playbill.com and I came a cross a bio for an actor I did "West Side Story" with in 1991. James Ludwig played Tony, and charmed the pants off the audience, not to mention all the Shark and Jet Girls. Hell, he charmed the pants off 3/4 of the Jets and Sharks too, since most of the gang were more interested in comparing beauty tips than preparing for the rumble. Alas for the "boys," he loved the ladies and ended up dating our Rosalia--- Our Maria was neurotic over that turn of events. Guess she was a slave to "the method" and had a hard time playing star-crossed love when she knew "Tony" had eyes for another.

Seems he's making a successful go if it. So happy for him, although experiencing twinges of envy-- knowing what I know now, I would definitely have disciplined myself more in my teens, learned the value of humility and how to overcome insecurity, channeled my passion better and GONE FOR IT!

No comments: