Monday, May 12, 2008

No No Nanette

Friday night, I went with my friend Warren to see "No No Nanette" at New York City Center Encores! starring Sandy Duncan, Charles Kimbrough, Beth Leavel, and Rosie O'Donnell.

Rosie and Beth were amazing at the stage door. I didn't see Kimbrough, and Sandy Duncan couldn't be bothered to actually step off the stoop to greet the people who were waiting in the light drizzly rain to see her.

Here's a video of the evening. You'll spot an additional celebrity encounter in the lobby at intermission. An icon of icons was standing sipping coffee, and I approached her for a photo. Just as Warren was about to snap the shot, someone passed in front of the camera-- I said to the iconic celebrity, "Obviously, he didn't know who I am." She smiled at my joke-- I think.

Here's the link to Rosie's "talkie Blog" post where she mentions the gift that someone gave her at a booksigning in response to her son's question "Whoah! Who made this?" As confirmed in my conversation with her at the stage door, that's ME, and my decoupage box! :) I almost peed my pants.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh. You. Fanboy. Decoupage from the Stage Door Jonnie.

JoeyfromSC said...

That was a great video! Thanks for sharing!

I totally remember your mention on her blog about the decopauged box!

Unknown said...

I almost peed my pants when I heard her say that on the blog. As Rosie would say, it was a "depends moment."

Unknown said...

WOW! Another great video! Loved it. Looked like a great meeting you and Ro had. Awesome.