Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Wind Beneath My Wings-- or not

As I was getting ready for work early this morning, Scutter started going crazy over something that he was trying to get at under the front door of my apartment... I assumed the worst, and armed myself as if I was about to face a big hairy spider (which, under the right circumstances, can turn me into a big sissy).

I was pleasantly surprise to find this baby bird (not really a baby-- more a young adolescent) clinging to the underside of the door jam. It let me get this close to take the photo, but wouldn't let me pick it up to see if it was injured. It sort of fly-hopped (or hop-flew) away down to the ground level. I didn't get the impression it was injured, just not quite adept at the whole wind beneath my wings thing. It had the right idea, but wasn't quite sustaining its airtime. Poor little feller.

When I left for work, it was gone. Such a sweet little thing looking up at me. I sure hope it makes it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's so sweet!