Friday, June 15, 2007

A Night in NYC

My friend Warren had an extra ticket to see "Xanadu" on Broadway. Who would have thought that (arguably) one of the worst movies ever made would be such a truly entertaining night of theater.

Warren's dad's friend's daughters (did you follow that) were visiting from Texas and Warren had agreed to show them around NYC a little. Having never met them, he wasn't sure what to expect. As it turns out, they were a blast, and we ended up having dinner, the show and MANY MANY drinks after at a few different bars in the City.

Mary or Peggy (I can't remember which one-- too much tequila) took this photo just before Warren decided to call it a night. I stayed with the girls and before I realized, it was 4:40am. I put them in a cab to their hotel and then walked (pretty well, I might add) to Penn Station.

This is the emptiest I've ever seen Times Square. It was almost pleasant. No tourists pushing and shoving their through the overwhelming crowds.

These two were out cold. The kind of shots the frat buddies would use to hold over them later. The cops came along and totally "harshed their mellow." Getting the guy in pink to his feet proved to be quite a challenge, but the crowd watching cheered them both. It was oddly uplifting... LOL

It was a great night all around. I got home at 6:30 am, had to be at work at 11am-- I am definitely getting too old for that, but such a great time.

Thanks, Warren!

2 comments:

adrienne said...

OMG! I remember loving that movie! I heard it was going to be a musical now. Is that the set?

Thanks for the call! I'm finishing up my first book this month and am keeping really weird hours!! I've been working on it since 1995, and this is the final stretch. I got it past the first round of "peer review" at an academic press, and now I'm doing the last revisions, additions, updates, etc. It's a lot harder, scarier, etc. at this point than I expected.

But tomorrow, I'm getting up early for our local Pride Parade and some other work, so I am actually going to try to go to bed at a normal hour.

I wonder which shirt you'll choose below...

Cheesygood said...

Oh man-- how much fun was that?? I feel homesick for you already. Sigh!

I would totally have stayed out until 4:40am with you.

Kisses,