Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Subway Blues

Moblog post: subway musician- absolute New York!

I feel very Sara-Jessica-in-Sex-and-the-City right now with my NYC observations...

I was on my way toward Penn Station after volleyball last night (we lost-- BAD!) and this guy was strummin out some blues on his electric guitar. The noise of the subway (why is it so QUIET in Washington DC's subway), the chatter of people talking and scurrying past, the cold wind blowing down from the street and up the tunnels all paint the quintessential NY scene. Maybe the few beers I had after the match loosened up my sentimental side, but it was a really cool moment...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, it's not the beer...subway musicians in NYC are the coolest ever. And I agree - it's very New York! Did you ever see the 'Saw Lady' at Times Square? It can't get to be more "NY" than that. (If you don't know what I'm talking about - www.SawLady.com ).
I usually see her there in the afternoons.