Friday, January 26, 2007

Black Friday


6 years ago today Mom died.


Matt and I have referred to that day as "Black Friday" after a book by James Patterson with that title that Dad was reading at the time. It was on the table in the family area of Mom's room when she died. It was actually a few years later that we realized we had both made that connection, and I think this is the first time that this date has fallen on a friday since then.

I always buy white roses on this anniversary, as well as her birthday and Mothers Day.

I'm trying not to be grumpy with everyone around me today, but it's hard.

2 comments:

adrienne said...

It's okay to be grumpy. Nothing is harder than losing someone who means the world to us. Someone once told me that grief and loss get layered into our lives, becoming part of who we are like the layers of an onion skin. That is true in my case. Grief is not something that we should feel compelled to "get over." I think it's okay for you to feel grumpy.

adrienne said...

Today, as I feel thankful that you were born, I also think of your mom, of course! Happy Birthday!