Sunday, June 8, 2008

A Rosie "Keepsake"

So I joined a group on Flickr.com for people who share my (bordering on obsession) love of all things Rosie O'Donnell. We all check her blog daily (often several times) for her latest updates, and hope for the excitement of having one of our postings in one of many interactive sections selected for inclusion by Ro herself.

Well, Friday I hit the elusive DOUBLE WHAMMY! The photo I submitted of me wearing my Rosie "Peace" t-shirt was on the home page, AND I had a comment/question featured in the "Ask Ro" section-- on the same day. :)

One of the guys in the Flickr group always makes 'keepsakes' for the members in the group who get answered to commemorate the excitement. Mine's posted below.

In the past, Ro has included a photo of her and me in a video that she made after a booksigning and then mentioned the gift I gave her that day in a "talkie blog" that she posted. I was pretty giddy then too.

Dad said, "I hope this isn't your 15 minutes of fame."
LOL-- Good point.

But in a world of crazy uncertainty, war, endless political coverage that just MAKES ME WANT TO YELL, it's fun to tune it all out and revel in a little silliness.
Thanks for the keepsake, Joey!

3 comments:

Liz said...

awesome, jonny!!! so glad you joined the group!

Anonymous said...

Woot Woot, you Rock Star!
Congrats, Johnny!!
KellyG

JoeyfromSC said...

We are glad to have you Jonny! WOW, I feel so special lol
Thanks for including that here!:)