Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"Marie Osmond is about to Foxtrot"

I was watching the season premier of "Dancing with the Stars" last night (one of my many guilty pleasures) and got downright giddy when Sabrina Bryan-- I'd never heard of her either-- did her hip-hip influenced cha-cha-cha. As soon as she hit the final pose, I literally jumped from my couch applauding. It was SO MUCH FUN TO WATCH! I grabbed my cell phone, desperate to speak to someone that I could share the moment with.

I dialed my great friend Darla. The conversation went something like this:

[ring-ring-ring]

Darla: Hello?
Jonathan: Please, please tell me you have given up your "I don't watch those shows" attitude and are watching Dancing with the Stars right now!
Darla: Sweetie, I'm not watching. I don't watch those shows.
Jonathan: Please watch it. I need to talk to someone abotu it, and I KNOW you'd like it.
Darla: I'm sorry... I---
Jonathan: But Marie Osmond is about to do the Foxtrot! How can you to miss that?!
Darla: And you wonder WHY I don't watch those shows...
Jonathan: [sigh] fine, goodbye.
Darla: Goodbye.

I'm not sure, but I think I have humiliated myself. LOL

I LOVE this show. I admit it. I was a snob the first few years and scoffed at it, but I discovered it the night of the great Emmet Smith v. Mario Lopez finale, and never missed it last season.

I cast my votes for Jenny, Marie, and Sabrina.

My prediction for the season (having only seen the women-- the men are on tonight, including Wayne Newton) is Sabrina to WIN!

Come on people -- Wayne NEWTON! This is good television!

2 comments:

Cheesygood said...

Sigh. I don't watch those shows, either. I don't even have T.V. All I ever watch on that box is DVD/s

It's like crack. I'm afraid if I started watching, I would never stop.
But Marie Osmond- sweet!! I was so 'into' her when I was a girl-child.

Just enjoy the show and don't feel guilty.

Anonymous said...

"I'm not sure, but I think I have humiliated myself."

You can be sure!