Friday, April 27, 2007

Rest in Peace, Sweet Emerald

It couldn't be avoided any longer... I came home from work last night and Emerald let me know in no uncertain terms that it was her time to go.
She has been showing signs of her old-age for a few months, and I was preparing myself for when her time came, but as long as she was able to get up to her favorite spot on the cable box on her own (using the "stairs" I made from boxes and the coffee table) and was eating and drinking, I wasn't going to rush her out of this world. But the last few days she faded fast, and she couldnt' even walk when I came home last night.
Emerald was my first pet out on my own. She was the sweetest natured cat I've ever seen, and she's been with me through most of my adult life. Isabella joined us a year after Emerald came to me, but passed away about 5 years ago. It was so sad to see how Emerald mourned her friend. Now they're back together.
I'll miss her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jon,

I am so sorry to hear that Emerald was put down. I wish I could give you a hug, I know how you feel..my India, I still think about her. Our babies are our 'children'. Samantha turned one today. She is my heart. I cannot wait until you meet her, she will change your mind about Pugs!!!!

Oh, by the way, my B-day was May 7th. You were close enough..Thank you for thinking about me. Yes, you are right, we are getting old. Wow!!! We have known each other since high school, man, that was a long time ago.

Love,

B